ant-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Problem choosing XSLT processer with <style> task
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:02:31 GMT
I prefer to put it in the place selected by the software manufacturer
and then define Java_home with 8.3 so that the slightly broken tools
that I use can still work. \Program Files\ should  be the "Power Users"
choice since it is supposed to be the location of all software packages
under Windows.

There are a large number of Linux programs that do not handle file
descriptors properly. Spaces are legal in file and folder names on Linux
and I hope that programmers of software packages will quickly adopt
filename parsers that work properly.
This is a big PITA in Linux for those who are trying to use it in the
corporate environment.

Ron