ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unwanted behavior - fixcrlf changes files to un-executable
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:31:19 GMT
I'm afraid there's no fix, as Java is not permission-aware. <fixcrlf>
probably creates a new file when it does something, and there's no way
in Java to preserve the permissions. You could 'fix' the permissions
after the fact, using <chmod> which simply forks to the command line
chmod executable, assuming you know beforehand which files need fixing
potentially.

JDK 6 or later may add support for permissions, by right now there are
no good work-around that I know of. --DD

On 8/14/06, Brown, Carlton <Carlton.Brown@bellsouth.com> wrote:
> Recently I started observing some very undesirable behavior in my Ant
> scripts.   Specifically, when <fixcrlf> does its fixing, it also changes
> the file permissions to be non-executable.  Now, I recognize this might
> be a very Clever Thing because binaries could be corruped by <fixcrlf>.
> But with regard to shell scripts, this is undesired behavior.   How do I
> override/work around this?
>
> The reason I run <fixcrlf> on shell scripts is because sometimes
> boneheads edit them in Windows and then check them.   I could run around
> and tell everybody not to do that, but I choose to make my process
> self-correcting.   Except it doesn't work because Ant is trying to give
> me help that I don't need.    What can I do here?
>
> *****
>
> The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.
162