ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <>
Subject Re: Text Scripting
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:39:21 GMT
> I have some text files that I have to parse and modify, can anyone
> advise the best way to do this - ANT commands, ANT Tasks, call to PERL
> or some other scripting language? The scripts will be fairly complex
> including pattern searching, text replacement, text sorting etc.

Depends on the context and frequency of use. If part of a build
process, then an Ant based solution might make sense, but otherwise
any modern scripting language with good support for regexp would be
better: Ruby, Python, Perl, Lua, etc... --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message