ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem choosing XSLT processer with <style> task
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:23:25 GMT
Frankly, using C:\Program Files doesn't suit me, because it's too
long. To type, to look at, in paths, etc... A Jar files is often not
really an application, but a component to be used by an actual
application. Windows puts its component in C:\WINNT\**. There's no
right and wrong place to put things in, it's more whether you choose
to take the easy+safe+practical choice, or obey a standard designed
for something completely unrelated. When one purposely chooses to do
something that may uncover hidden bugs, one has to bare the
consequences. You obviously know what you are doing, but a lot of
people are not as savvy, so I would also strongly suggest to not put
Java stuff in C:\Program Files. --DD