ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Running java program in debug mode
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:13:01 GMT
Hello Vinod,

use these arguments :

-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=1044

and create a remote debugging configuration in Eclipse, using the same port 1044 (can be another
number as long as it is the same to start java and in Eclipse)

Also add something like
Thread.sleep(10000);
in your main method,
so that you have the time to connect to your program from within Eclipse after you have started
it.

The sequence of operation is :

create the remote debugging configuration in eclipse
start ant
when ant reaches the point where your Helloworld program starts executing,
start the debugging in Eclipse. You know that it works when Eclipse displays a message like
"connected with remote VM". You will then see in the editor that you are at the line of code
saying Thread.sleep.

You can then debug "normally".

Good luck.

Antoine