ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject delivering environment properties to J2EE applications
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:23:31 GMT
Hi,

Slightly off topic or over topic question.

I am looking for best practices in terms of delivering environment properties to J2EE applications.

In the project where I am working the J2EE apps get most of their environment data from property
files in the classpath. We do two different things, which sound equally wrong to me :

- create a directory structure on the J2EE servers which is put in the classpath of the J2EE
server itself; property files are then deployed by rsync

or

- nesting the property files in the war files nested in the ear files, which means building
one ear file per environment, or customizing the ear files on the fly in the deployment script

Has anyone suggestions how to do this better ? The project I am working on incidentally is
using WebSphere.

Regards,

Antoine