ant-user mailing list archives

From Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwae...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to silence javac task?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 11:14:16 GMT
setloglevel doesn't work. If I use it, the errors are not shown. Javac treats warnings and
errors the same, both are error stream.

  Can you tell me if and how I could use a log filter?

  Then I would filter the lines from javac which must not be logged.

"Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Rebhan@huk-coburg.de> wrote:

Hi,

the idea for setting the loglevel via task is not mine,
read about some time ago in a blog,
but i don't remember where.

i only had to edit the setLevel() method to make it work,
simply used the method from org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Echo$EchoLevel

i also think that this little task should be part of ant.
We use it quit often for chatty :-) tasks.

Regards, Gilbert

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Loughran [mailto:stevel@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:28 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: How to silence javac task?

Hans Schwaebli wrote:
> This solution seems to work, thanks. But I have to test it a little
bit more. If a compile error occurs, the error message must be logged.

> I wished that this task would be a standard Ant task (out of the box).

Probably because most people werent aware it was that much of an issue,
primarily because most projects try and control the errors from javac,
or to fiddle with javac settings. javac is extra chatty, though it
doesnt tell you off as much as jikes1.2.1 did.

It could -maybe- become a task, though it would need tests first.