ant-user mailing list archives

From Ben Stringer <...@burbong.com>
Subject Re: Calling Shell Script from build.xml file
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 13:29:51 GMT
On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 13:07 +0530, anandsrider.d@polaris.co.in wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am using a build.xml file , ant version 1.5.4 to build our application.

Any reason not to upgrade? 1.6.5 is the current version, and has been
for close to a year.

> After doing the same, for deployment  I have shell script to perform EAR
> packaging.
>
> Presently am performing the above tasks seperately.
>
> My actual requirement is Want to check the status of the build once
> completed. If successful, then call the shell script for EAR packaging from
> build.xml

Why not check the build, then package the EAR, from within ant? My
experience has been that if you can script it in shell, you can probably
also script it in ant, and make it platform independent.

> I think i can use <ant call> for this.
>
> Kindly suggest me a way to check the status of the build and then to call a
> shell script , which will be greatful.

Well, you can check the build failed, using the ant return code, but
getting ant to call your EAR build is likely to be easier - let me known
if you need any help with this.

Cheers, Ben

> -- Anand
>

> This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the
intended recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been
misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby
notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than
by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.