ant-user mailing list archives

From "Petar Tahchiev" <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration problem, Windows to Linux
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:09:40 GMT
On 05/07/06, Fredrik Andersson <andersson@r2m.se> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm currently trying to migrate a J2EE project from a Windows platform
> to a Linux platform.
>
> I have cofigured the build.xml file accordingly to my setup on the linux
> platform. I have the same java setup on the linux server but when I try
> to compile I get the following messages from ant.
>
> [javac] Compiling 81 source files to
> /root/smc_projekt/ant/war/WEB-INF/classes
>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>     [javac]
> /root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/action/LanguageController.java:67:
> illegal character: \64
>     [javac]     @Override
>     [javac]         ^
>     [javac]
> /root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/action/LanguageController.java:76:
> illegal character: \64
>     [javac]     @Override
>     [javac]         ^
>     [javac]
> /root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/action/LanguageController.java:81:
> <identifier> expected
>     [javac]
>     [javac] ^
>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>     [javac]
> /root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/type/LanguageBean.java:91:
> illegal character: \64
>     [javac]     @Override
>     [javac]         ^
>     [javac]
> /root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/type/LanguageBean.java:103:
> <identifier> expected
>     [javac] ^
>     [javac] 10 errors
>

> Now these are files that compiles perfectly on windows. What can be the
> source of the problem? I'm clueless.
>
> Thanks in advance =)

As I see (from the @Override and <Identifier> clauses) your source
code is written in Java 1.5. And the compiler is complaining because
he does not identify those clauses. First of all you should check your
$JAVA_HOME to see what version of javac you are using. Also you could
specify the
source="1.5" directive to the javac task.

Please try these and repost to tell us if those had any effect. In
addition to post here what $JAVA_HOME env variable you have.

Hope that helps.

--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.