ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Migration problem, Windows to Linux
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:50:58 GMT
You should be able to set the encoding javac uses to read your files; that
would only require updating your build.xml.

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server Development
WAS Pyxis Lead Release Engineer

"Fredrik Andersson" <andersson@r2m.se>
07/05/2006 09:34 AM
Please respond to
"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>

"Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Migration problem, Windows to Linux

Hi

It turned out that my JAVA_HOME variabel was not set. I pointed it to my
Java 5.0 installation and now it spews out a ton of these messages.

[javac]
/root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/action/ForsenadeController.java:10:
warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8
    [javac]  * Controller class for the F�rsenade portlet.
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac]
/root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/action/ForsenadeController.java:38:
warning: unmappable character for encoding UTF8

Seems to be a problem with the swedish chars. Can I fix this in a simple
way or do I have to edit and save all file over and over?

Den 7/5/2006, skrev "Petar Tahchiev" <paranoiabla@gmail.com>:

>On 05/07/06, Fredrik Andersson <andersson@r2m.se> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I'm currently trying to migrate a J2EE project from a Windows platform
>> to a Linux platform.
>>
>> I have cofigured the build.xml file accordingly to my setup on the
linux
>> platform. I have the same java setup on the linux server but when I try
>> to compile I get the following messages from ant.
>>
>> [javac] Compiling 81 source files to
>> /root/smc_projekt/ant/war/WEB-INF/classes
>>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>>     [javac]

/root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/action/LanguageController.java:67:
>> illegal character: \64
>>     [javac]     @Override
>>     [javac]         ^
>>     [javac]

/root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/action/LanguageController.java:76:
>> illegal character: \64
>>     [javac]     @Override
>>     [javac]         ^
>>     [javac]

/root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/action/LanguageController.java:81:
>> <identifier> expected
>>     [javac]
>>     [javac] ^
>>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>>     [javac] error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
>>     [javac]

/root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/type/LanguageBean.java:91:
>> illegal character: \64
>>     [javac]     @Override
>>     [javac]         ^
>>     [javac]

/root/smc_projekt/Application/src/java/nu/absmc/type/LanguageBean.java:103: