ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <>
Subject RE: strange problem starting ant
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:22:36 GMT
There was a bug with the Launcher class that was released with Ant 1.6.5
- do you by chance have any ANT_ARGS set, such as -lib or -noclasspath

-----Original Message-----
From: jm []
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:16 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: strange problem starting ant

we are experiencing an strange problem, never seen that before. Our
env is ant1.6.5, jdk1.5.0.07, on a xp. ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME are set
properly, ant\bin is on the path.

When we run 'ant', we get the following:

Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

where options include:
    -client	  to select the "client" VM
    -server	  to select the "server" VM
    -hotspot	  is a synonym for the "client" VM  [deprecated]
                  The default VM is client.

java -version shows our version ( If I run ant the hardcore
java -Dant.home=%ANT_HOME% -cp %ANT_HOME%\lib\ant-launcher.jar ...
everything works ok.

We have verified the ant.bat being called is the one in the correct
directory. Any idea?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: