ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Ant build Time
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:44:43 GMT
If the target you are calling MyApp, it is no surprise that the build
will be very long and probably explodes in memory usage.  Antcall is not
meant to be used like this - instead target MyApp should simply depend
on create-ear-file.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Hanmay Udgiri [mailto:hanmayya.udgiri@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:36 PM
To: Ant Users List; Martin Gainty
Subject: Re: Ant build Time

I am Giving the code we are using for creating EAR file.
it is small any file.......

<target name="MyApp"
    <antcall target="clean"/>
    <antcall target="init"/>
    <antcall target="retrieve-frm-cvs"/>
    <antcall target="compile"/>
    <antcall target="create-resouce-jar"/>
    <antcall target="create-delegate-jar"/>
    <antcall target="create-ejb-jar"/>
    <antcall target="create-war-file"/>
    <antcall target="create-ear-file"/>
</target>
<target name="clean">
</target>
<target name="init" depends="clean">
</target>
<target name="init" depends="clean">
</target>
<target name="retrieve-frm-cvs" depends="init">
</target>
<target name="compile" depends="init,clean">
</target>
<target name="create-resouce-jar" depends="compile">
</target>
<target name="create-delegate-jar" depends="compile">
</target>
other jar steps.........

<target name="create-ear-file"
depends="create-delegate-jar,.........all-jar
dependancies...."/>
</target>

Any suggestion for improvements will be of great HELP.

Thanks and Regards
Hanmayya Udgiri

--
Thanks and Regards