ant-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject AW: classcast exception between build xmls
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:36:56 GMT
>I have an ant custom task say "mycustomA". Inside the execute
>method, I create a custom obj say "customobj" of a
>user-defined type. I store the "customobj" in the project
>reference using getProject().addReference("key",customobj).
>I using mycustomA in a "build.xml". After invoking the task
>mycustomA I use ant task <ant> with inheritRefs=true to call
>another "buildsecond.xml"  Inside buildsecond.xml, I use a
>custom task say "mycustomB" which tries to get the reference
>of the customobj using the method
>getProject().getReference("key"). When I try to cast to the
>"customobj" type I get a classcast exception.
>But customobj.getClass().getName() prints the exact type of customobj.
>But the instance of operator fails saying false. Is this any
>issue with class loader ?
>I use java 1.5.0_06. What I am missing ?

I think so.
In the calling buildfile (and therefore project-instance) you are using
the class definition
callingProjects::ClassLoader::CustomObj, but in the called project you
try to cast to

But I am not a class-loader guy, so hopefully another one could help

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message