ant-user mailing list archives

From "wolverine my" <wolverine...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant build file naming convention
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:13:11 GMT
Hi Pritesh

Yes, the article (as well as other Ant related tutorial) did give us some hints.

Take for an example, Sun has published "Code Conventions for the Java
Programming Language" (see
http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/index.html). This should be served
as a common guidelines of how we name the Java classes and etc.

Do we have the similar documentation for Apache Ant? For example, to
name a property, we should always use lower case and a period to
separte the words. The path property should always suffix with ".path"
or something like that.

It would be very good if there is one naming convention which is well
recognized by the Ant community and I hope this will happen very soon!

On 7/4/06, pritesh.saharey@wipro.com <pritesh.saharey@wipro.com> wrote:

> Please go through the following link
>
> http://ant.apache.org/ant_in_anger.html
>
> This will give you some idea