ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Egg" <egg...@gmail.com>
Subject FixCRLF and Concat classes question
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 20:58:23 GMT
Hi,

I notice that the Concat class constructor called a reset method which reads
a system property called line.separator, like this:

   public Concat <javascript:searchRef('Concat')>() {
        reset <javascript:searchRef('reset')>();
    }

    /**
     * Reset state to default.
     */
    public void reset <javascript:searchRef('reset')>() {
        append <javascript:searchRef('append')> = false;
        forceOverwrite <javascript:searchRef('forceOverwrite')> = true;
        destinationFile <javascript:searchRef('destinationFile')> = null;
        encoding <javascript:searchRef('encoding')> = null;
        outputEncoding <javascript:searchRef('outputEncoding')> = null;
        fixLastLine <javascript:searchRef('fixLastLine')> = false;
        filterChains <javascript:searchRef('filterChains')> = null;
        footer <javascript:searchRef('footer')> = null;
        header <javascript:searchRef('header')> = null;
        binary <javascript:searchRef('binary')> = false;
        outputWriter <javascript:searchRef('outputWriter')> = null;
        textBuffer <javascript:searchRef('textBuffer')> = null;
        eolString <javascript:searchRef('eolString')> = System
<javascript:searchRef('System')>.getProperty
<javascript:searchRef('getProperty')>("line.separator");
        rc <javascript:searchRef('rc')> = null;
    }

Now, when I run my ant build, I specify the property via the command line
like, -Dline.separator=\r\n. However, the file I generate with Concat only
uses LF's as line breaks? Why is this so, and how can I specify the line
breaks I want Concat to use? Does anybody have expiring specif tying line
breaks with Concat, and did it work?

Thanks