ant-user mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Mitchell <geoff_mitch...@homedecorators.com>
Subject Re: *****spam***** RE: properties handling problem
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:22:41 GMT
Ant _does_ expand macro parameters the way you want, however (this
discrepancy is unintuitive and baffling to me, but that's another
story).  So, you could make the part that checks availability a
macrodef, passing in ${hostname} and ${num} as arguments.  You will then
be able to reference ${@{hostname}_@{num}} (assuming args named same as
original properties) within your macro.

This works in ant 1.6.2 anyway.

Geoff

Rémon van Gijn wrote:

>I believe ant dies not support the parsing of inner variables (property expansion), so
you will have to make a combination with a <expandproperties> task and loading the resulting
property file after that.

>There are some ant extensions that make it possible, but they are in development. http://www.efanomars.net/pf/index.html
 PFunctions is one I found last time, it does that what you want, but it's alpha.