ant-user mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <h...@synyx.de>
Subject javac task and JAVA_HOME when calling from Java code
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:49:51 GMT
Hi,
I'm executing an ant script from a web application. All tasks I'm using
are working fine, except the javac task. On calling it gives the error
message:

Unable to find a javac compiler;
com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

JAVA_HOME and property java.home both point to the base dir of the jdk.

It works fine if I put tools.jar in the WEB-INF/lib dir of my webapp but
due to licensing I would prefer to let the user configure just the path.
Are there any properties that javac uses that I may have missed?

Kind regards
Florian