ant-user mailing list archives

From Florian Hopf <>
Subject javac task and JAVA_HOME when calling from Java code
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:49:51 GMT
I'm executing an ant script from a web application. All tasks I'm using
are working fine, except the javac task. On calling it gives the error

Unable to find a javac compiler; is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

JAVA_HOME and property java.home both point to the base dir of the jdk.

It works fine if I put tools.jar in the WEB-INF/lib dir of my webapp but
due to licensing I would prefer to let the user configure just the path.
Are there any properties that javac uses that I may have missed?

Kind regards

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message