ant-user mailing list archives

From Shreedhar <shreedh...@amiindia.co.in>
Subject classcast exception between build xmls
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:29:53 GMT
Hi All,

I have a problem with class casting. Here is the scenario -

I have an ant custom task say "mycustomA". Inside the execute method, I
create a custom obj say "customobj" of a user-defined type. I store the
"customobj" in the project reference using
getProject().addReference("key",customobj).

I using mycustomA in a "build.xml". After invoking the task mycustomA I
use ant task <ant> with inheritRefs=true to call another
"buildsecond.xml"  Inside buildsecond.xml, I use a custom task say
"mycustomB" which tries to get the reference of the customobj using the
method getProject().getReference("key"). When I try to cast to the
"customobj" type I get a classcast exception.

But customobj.getClass().getName() prints the exact type of customobj.
But the instance of operator fails saying false. Is this any issue with
class loader ?

I use java 1.5.0_06. What I am missing ?

Thank you,

Best regards
Shreedhar