ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build sub-source tree in the order I specified.
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:07:37 GMT
Chun Ji wrote:
> I was trying to compile all the java files under that "/com" directory, but no good.
The reason is some of the files under that source tree are not ready for build. That is why
I found a way to build files under some subdir.
> But since there are some depends, so I have to force some files to build before others.

> I don't know how you can "configure the task" in that situation ? In the case that I
have given, the ANT always build the files in that order
> "
> com/contractor/useraccount/**
> com/manager/useraccount/**
> com/supplier/useraccount/**
> com/users/useraccount/**
>  "
> NOT
> "
> com/manager/useraccount/**
> com/contractor/useraccount/**
> com/supplier/useraccount/**
> com/users/useraccount/**
> "

I see what you are trying to do, but it wont work. command line Javac
will demand-compile files it needs if it is in the same source tree.
This is meant to be there for your own good, to stop you having to know
the exact dependency chain of java source files.

you could try splitting stuff up into separate <javac> calls, but the
only 100% reliable way to ensure that javac does not pull in extra
things is to split the source into separate trees and javac them in
isolation.