ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Ant JSP Compilation Please.
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:38:05 GMT
karthik wrote:
> Hi form
>   I had alook at Tomcat5's Ant build technique for JSP compilation
>   and could not figure how to configure the build.xml for file / folder based compilation
>   Can some body give some ant code snippet  for the following
>   1)Able to compile a single argumented "Jsp" file.
>   2)Able to Compile a single folder Argumented "Jsp" folder.
>   3)Able to Compile a multiple folder Argumented "Jsp" folder.

I cant help you as I have found precompilation more trouble than it is
worth, and no longer recommend it.

What I do now instead is use HttpUnit to fetch every single JSP page
that I have in the app, after deploying it. That combines a functional
test of the application with the building of the JSP pages in the app
server that will host them.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message