ant-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Schmetzer" <...@exubero.com>
Subject Re: SVN Task?!
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 11:31:02 GMT
On Wed, 19 July, 2006 12:01 pm, Karsten Klohs wrote:
> probably I missed something, but I did not find a subversion task in the
> core or the optional task list of Ant 1.6. On the other hand, a quick
> search on the project page of Ant revealed that Ant itsself is versioned
> with subversion already. Consequently, there has to be an Ant-task
> implementation for the access to a subversion directory around, right? ;-)
>
> Can anybody give me a hint, where I have to look, please?

Most people do something like this:

<exec executable="svn">
  <arg line="co ${project.url}"/>
</exec>

Mix and match with some macros, play around with the other exec
attributes, and you should be up and running.

The upcoming Ant 1.7 *will* have some svn tasks, but these are doing the
same sort of thing under the covers (i.e. you will still need the
Subversion command line client available). You can check out the Ant
source from the repository if you want to test this out.

Cheers,
--
Joe Schmetzer .:. Renaissance Developer .:. http://www.exubero.com/
                   +44-(0)7775-770-422