ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <modified> for refid
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:51:23 GMT
<modified> is a selector, and thus will never have a refid attribute.
It only sees one file at a file, and decides whether this file should
be selected or not.

Selectors always end up being *nested* in a fileset. Each of your
<scp> needs to get a different filesets, corresponding to the files
than need transfering on that particular system. You might think of
the total set of files to be transfered (irrelevant of up-to-date
check) to be your fileset, but it's not, not really.

That said, you should still be able to do what you want by defining a
<patternset> with an id, and each fileset references this one
patternset, and has it's own <modified> with a system-specific
propertyfile cache. Note that this stategy assumes no one changes the
files directly on the system (in which case the cache is out-of-date).

Using a macro around <scp> and the fileset + modified doesn't even
require to explicitly declare a <patternset>, and is probably a better
idea anyway. --DD