ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Line *Doesn't* Contain?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:06:21 GMT
Sure it does, in a way. Lines that don't contain a given substring or
pattern are omitted, so 'modified' into 'null' strings.

I do agree though that from a user stand-point, a negate attribute to
<linecontains> and <linecontainsregexp> makes more sense.

Matt, <linecontains*> are a special kind of 'conditional' filters,
saying yea or nay given a string, or don't otherwise modify the
string. What might be more useful and generic would be a filter that
used instances of a new StringCondition interface that could be
combine with <not>, <or>, etc... just like condition.

Just thinking out loud. This might be silly. --DD