ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration problem, Windows to Linux
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:53:19 GMT
Either you don't change the characters, and set the encoding properly
in <javac>, <javadoc>, etc... to whatever the encoding defaults to on
Windows, or you change your files to be UTF8 correct (using an escape
sequence for the proper swedish chars), which seems to be the default
on Linux, or finally you don't use the swedish chars, and use the
ASCII approximation. To do the later, you could use tr on Linux (the
translate command) to replace all your swedish o's and O's with the
equivalent ASCII o's and O's. You'd need to look up tr's man page to
see how to specify chars in above 127 (there must be some escape
sequence).

Another option would be to use <copy> with an input and output
encoding, on Windows, so the input one defaults to swedish, and you
specify UTF8 as output encoding. You'll get the escape sequences for
the swedish chars. --DD