ant-user mailing list archives

From ilango <ilango...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Knowing the build fail status of ant in batch script
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:04:32 GMT
Hi Venkatesh
I have a friend called Venkatesh babu and he is from bangalore. Just wondering if you were
the person I know

Venkatesh Babu <venkatbabukr@yahoo.com> wrote: Hello All,

I'm calling an ant target from within my batch script
as follows:

cmd/C ant -f mailer.xml sendmail

My problem is that if the sendmail target fails, I
have to stop execution of my batch script. For that I
tried adding the following statement after the ant
call:

if %ERRORLEVEL% != 0 goto END

This is not working because the ERRORLEVEL is set to 0
even if the ant target fails. May I know what is the
best way to capture the BUILD success/failure status
of ant target ??? Is there any environment variable
that we can access to know this status?

Thank you,
Venkatesh