ant-user mailing list archives

From Nick.Minute...@ubs.com
Subject RE: Am I being a silly - or is there an antcall bug?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 00:49:14 GMT
Ta. Thanks.
Yeah, I'd rather not set a properties file - then you have to worry
about cleaning it up.

Basically, I have a mix of antcalls and ant tasks (ie calling to other
buildfiles) - and I want the property status to be set/seen throughout.
The property represents the base-project initialisation being complete -
and all the other projects' initialisation delegates to the base
project.
But when building all projects - I only want to initialise base project
once...

-Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Vishal Vishnoi [mailto:vvishnoi@bea.com]
Sent: 25 July 2006 01:46
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Am I being a silly - or is there an antcall bug?

Nick,

If you want to call a target within the same project. Use Ant-contrib's
runtarget task
(http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/index.html). Since the
call is in the same project, any property you set in the called target
is also visible to caller

If you want AntCall like behavior, then consider using AntCallBack task
in http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/index.html

--Vishal

Nick.Minutello@ubs.com wrote:

>So, you saying I am being silly? ;-)
>
>I was expecting different behaviour - but what you say makes perfect
>sense...
>
>Thanks for sorting that out...
>
>-Nick

by email and then delete it.