ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <>
Subject Re: Ant help for c compiler
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:33:00 GMT
Wow what a task!

Keep in mind your ANT environment's interactions are thru the JVM/JDK (which are configured
by jvm.args and jvm.opts)

This is platform-agnostic separate environment from interactions with native binaries which
is the situation you have now

I would look at manipulations of the Java LD_LIBRARY_PATH within the jvm.opts/jvm.args to
accomodate the new binaries

Good Luck and Godspeed!

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sayed, Irfan (Irfan)
  Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 6:22 AM
  Subject: Ant help for c compiler

  Hi All,

  I have been assign a task of migrating our build environment from make file base system
to ant base system. Our code base has code of java, C and cpp.
  With Make file we are able to compile and generate the code. To migrate I have downloaded
sample makefile (see the attached build_java.xml file). using this I am able to compile java
codes ,
  but if I modify the code to (see attache modified build_c.xml file) have C++ compile I getting
weied errors. Its apparent that I missing something, can anyone guide me to how to have C++
and C compiled.
  Please provide a sample build file that can compile java, C and C++ codes, also point me
to a write-up that can help me ramp up on setting up ant build environment.

  Would appreciate a quick and prompt response

  To unsubscribe, e-mail:
  For additional commands, e-mail: