ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <>
Subject Re: Strange behaviour
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:53:54 GMT
Good Morning Gary-

This is my understanding for ensuring classpath is updated for taskdef

  if no CLASSPATH available acquire from

Target classpath
 if no CLASSPATH available acquire from

Project classpath (build.xml) CLASSPATH variable
 if no CLASSPATH available acquire from

System level CLASSPATH (usually environment variable)

if you are able to locate the jars that contain the hibernate classes
if you want my 2 cents I would make sure the CLASSPATH on taskdef is known-

Let me know if you have any questions
Martin --

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Howard" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:22 AM
Subject: Strange behaviour

I am using ant 1.6.5 with the following command line on Windows XP Pro:
call %ANT_HOME%\bin\ant -quiet -noclasspath -nouserlib ^
-lib tools\xdoclet-1.2.3\lib ^
-lib tools\hibernate-3.1 -lib tools\hibernate-3.1\lib ^
-lib lib\ext\j2ee-1.3 -lib libtest\junit3.8.2 -lib tools\bcel-5.2
and my build works fine.
I can substitute "-debug" "-verbose" or "-logfile" for "-quiet" and it
still works.
However if I leave "-quiet" out altogether the taskdefs such as these:
  <taskdef name="hibernatedoclet"
  <taskdef name="ejbdoclet"

all fail with the message:
The following error occurred while executing this line:
taskdef class xdoclet.modules.hibernate.HibernateDocletTask cannot be
Can someone explain how (and why) the output options are apparently
affecting the taskdef classpath?
Gary Howard
Senior Software Engineer
Celona Technologies Ltd.
Celona: Accelerated Transformation

This communication contains information which is confidential and is for the exclusive use
of the addressee.  Any unauthorised use, distribution or copying of the information is prohibited.
 If you have received this transmission in error please contact the sender immediately.
For more information please visit
View raw message