ant-user mailing list archives

From Dexter Riley <>
Subject ant fileproperties task classpath problem
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 06:40:31 GMT

Hello. I am trying to get the Ant fileproperties task to work, but I keep
getting the error "Could not create task or type of type: propertyfile. Ant
could not find the task or a class this task relies upon." I know it's
something wrong with my classpath, but can't figure it out. Here's my

JDK 1.5.0_07 installed to /usr/local/jdk1.5.0_07
Ant 1.6.5 installed to usr/local/apache-ant-1.6.5

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="nat" default="build">
<target name="build">
<propertyfile file="" comment="My properties">
<entry key="akey" value="avalue"/>

I've tried adding $ANT_HOME/lib to my CLASSPATH, but it didn't help. This is
all on SUSE 10.1. The optional task lib ant-nodeps.jar (which I think is the
right jar for the fileproperties task) is present in $ANT_HOME/lib.

Any suggestions anyone might have would be greatly appreciated!
Sent from the Ant - Users forum at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message