ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan Ploski <jpl...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Ant can't find the Apache resolver library
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 18:34:11 GMT
CĂ©lio Cidral Junior wrote on Thu, 06 Apr 2006 19:48:23 GMT:
> I'm trying to run a build script which has a target that uses the
> giving me the warning message below.
>
>    Apache resolver library not found, internal resolver will be used
>    Warning: catalogpath listing external catalogs will be ignored
>
> I've Googled a lot about this problem and couldn't find any helpful
> information, except this thread:
> http://www.ant-tasks.com/msg/14363.html

Hello,

I got the same error message today and solved it. So I am posting
some comments on this issue for the archive:

The original author's problem has been probably caused by the fact that
he was using xml-commons-resolver-1.0 in the classpath. The Ant
documentation explicitly mentions that you should use
xml-commons-resolver-1.1:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTypes/xmlcatalog.html

My own problem was caused by myself having put the correct version
of resolver.jar into JDK's jre/lib/endorsed directory (because I upgraded
Xalan and it appeared to pick it up all right from there). For some reason,
if resolver.jar is visible to the classloader for jre/lib/endorsed, Ant
will not be able to use it, EVEN if you add it to the Ant classpath.

Regards,
Jan Ploski