ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant help for c compiler
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:09:21 GMT
Sayed, Irfan (Irfan) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have been assign a task of migrating our build environment from make
> file base system to ant base system. Our code base has code of java, C
> and cpp.
> With Make file we are able to compile and generate the code. To migrate
> I have downloaded sample makefile (see the
> attached build_java.xml file). using this I am able to compile java codes ,
> but if I modify the code to (see attache modified build_c.xml file) have
> C++ compile I getting weied errors. Its apparent that I missing
> something, can anyone guide me to how to have C++ and C compiled.
> Please provide a sample build file that can compile java, C and C++
> codes, also point me to a write-up that can help me ramp up on setting
> up ant build environment.

I should point out that the first edition of Java Development with Ant
has a chapter on building C/C++ under ant. It also covers how to set up
a build environment and taskdef/typedef matters. The C++ coverage will
*not* be in the second edition, as the space had to be used for other
things (like explaining xml namespaces :)

-steve