ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging output from the Java task?
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:04:19 GMT
Vincent Massol wrote:

> [...]

Vincent, how else do you think ant users get to see their javac errors?

> Thanks a lot Jan. I'm really glad I asked the question as I was going to
> embark myself on some overly complex solution.

The really slick technique would be to subvert commons-logging and
java1.4 logging on the forked process and have them redirect to
something listening for incoming log data, that way you get the
different log streams demultiplexed. I'm doing this to capture junit
test logs at different levels.

-steve