ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Recursiveness" / property already used in a "generic" build...
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:31:27 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
>> > Something else I was using, that I need to make public eventually (it
>> > may be in Bugzilla), was a custom Logger to output the build filename
>> > after each target header, to keep track of the build progress thru the
>> > hierarchy of sub-builds, a-la Makefile again.
>>
>> yes, we need this. But I couldnt easily see how to implement it. Are you
>> going to check it in?
>
> If you think it's useful. As a separate logger? Loggers are a pain to
> reference on the command line, just like listeners. You almost almost
> end up defining a wrapper script or an ANT_OPTS (or something like
> that) env. var., the latter being a solution I don't like, because
> it's the developer's responsability to do it (follow instructions).

Already there with the timestamped logger (the one that prints when the
build finished)

%env | grep ANT

ANT_HOME=/home/slo/Java/Apache/ant
ANT_OPTS=-Dhttp.proxyHost=web-proxy -Dhttp.proxyPort=8088
ANT_ARGS=-logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.TimestampedLogger

Switching would be easy. Especially if you took the bit of
TimestampedLogger that prints when everything finishes.