ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Building a fileset from an arbitrary list (task)
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:11:42 GMT
Sommers, Elizabeth wrote:
> We are not using the maven2 tasks.  The ultimate goal is to build 2 seperate
> paths, one which is scoped for testing and one which is scoped for the
> build.  The build path will then be used to help build a war.

I use the m2 tasks which are a bit clunky (ant support is sadly an
afterthought, not a forethought), but they set up paths datatypes. The
problem then becomes one of going from a path ref to a list of jars in
the WAR file.

Ant1.7 will have two ways to do this

  - <copypath> ( a quick and dirty hack to do just this)
  -a broadly extensible resource model with integration into things like
<copy>, so I could go <copy toDir="build/lib><path refid=imports.path"
/></copy> and hopefully have copy do all the work.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message