ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Importing files
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:05:45 GMT
This is a test I did:

---- jdoc.xm ----
<project>
    <target name = "test-echo" depends = "prepare">
        <echo message = "in test-echo"/>
    </target>
</project>

--- build.xml ---
<project  default = "test" xmlns:jplate="http://jplate.sourceforge.net">
    <import file = "jdoc.xml"/>

    <target name = "test"  depends = "test-echo">
        <echo  message = "In test"/>
    </target>

    <target name = "prepare">
        <echo  message = "In prepare"/>
    </target>
</project>

It worked fine for me.  When running against build.xml:

prepare:
     [echo] In prepare

test-echo:
     [echo] in test-echo

test:
     [echo] In test

Maybe try to use my example in your IDE and see if it works?  I ran my
test from the command line...so you may want to try to run your
build.xml from the command line to see if this is some issue with your IDE?

Scot

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale