ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Implementing a loop in ANT
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 10:49:52 GMT
They do, but unfortunately not exactly what Guru needs.  They support
for-loops over lists or file sets.  Really, he needs something like:

<for lower = "1" upper = "100">
</for>

I'm trying to figure out a way to do this using ant/ant-contrib but its
not readily apparent to me (I though it'd be trivial) to make it happen.

What I really need is some form of while loop.  I considered using
recursion...but I could see some possible issues with arbitrarily large
iterations (not sure why one would do so...but nonetheless).

Anyway, really I don't think he wants to pre-compute some large list
with a delimiter and then use <for> over the list...  At least I don't
want to do that as a solution ;)  Yes, I know one could possibly use a
<script>.  I am trying to not do that anyway (for reasons related to my
open source project - long story)...

Scot

dbrosius@baybroadband.net wrote:
> ant-contrib.sourceforge.net has some tasks to do this.

Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale
Louisburg, NC  27549

252-478-8087 (Home)