ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <>
Subject Re: Print exact version of jvm (java -version)
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:29:18 GMT
Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB) wrote:
> Since I am using cross compilation I don't get the correct java version.
> With 'java -version' I get the java version that ant is started with (
> jdk1.4.2) and
> not the version I use to crosscompile with ,1.3.1_11.

(a) no, there is nothing in javac or it would be documented

(b) given it isnt in jdk < 1,5, jikes or the other VMs, I dont see any
value in adding it.

If there are more diagnostics that could be added to Ant, then patch the
Diagnostics class so that ant -diagnostics can see what is going on.
Something that states what javac compiler will be used by default would
be good, for example.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message