ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Print exact version of jvm (java -version)
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 11:22:48 GMT
Mikael:

Yes that's correct.  I wasn't sure and ran "javac -version " which
worked.  But then realized my JAVA_HOME is using JDK 1.5.

Regardless, calling out in this fashion is probably not a good solution...

Now that I think about it, one can use ${java.version} as java.version
is a System property.

<project  name = "test">
    <echo message = "java version = ${java.version}"/>
</project>

Yielded:

Buildfile: build.xml
     [echo] java version = 1.5.0