ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject ApacheCon europe
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:45:21 GMT

Hello everyone, especially those in the .eu area.

ApacheCon Europe will soon be with us.  There aren't explicitly any ant
talks, I guess because the "whats coming in Ant1.7 talk" from last year
(http://people.apache.org/~stevel/slides/ant-1.7.pdf) is mostly still
valid. But there will be lots of ant developer and users there, and lots
of coverage of apache java stuff.

There's a little talk on system testing that I am busy trying to put
together in time:

Beyond Unit Testing

Steve Loughran, Julio Guijarro

All modern applications have two things in common: they are distributed
applications, and they all need to be tested. This talk looks at what
can be done on top of JUnit 3.x. Areas of interest will include
installation testing, functional testing, interoperability testing, test
choreography, and testing large-scale and distributed systems. On the
way, database setup, the black-hole of GUI testing, XML validation, and
other problems will be examined.

This will look at the things beyond ant, including Cactus, which anyone
doing app-server side dev should consider for running their tests. All
are welcome

Registration for the conference is up:

http://eu.apachecon.com/konferenzen/divers/psecom,id,368,nodeid,484.html

Please come and join the rest of the apache community for a week. If
it's anything like last year's in Stuttgard, its going to be a fun few days.

-steve