ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Recursiveness" / property already used in a "generic" build...
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:01:27 GMT
> > Something else I was using, that I need to make public eventually (it
> > may be in Bugzilla), was a custom Logger to output the build filename
> > after each target header, to keep track of the build progress thru the
> > hierarchy of sub-builds, a-la Makefile again.
>
> yes, we need this. But I couldnt easily see how to implement it. Are you
> going to check it in?

If you think it's useful. As a separate logger? Loggers are a pain to
reference on the command line, just like listeners. You almost almost
end up defining a wrapper script or an ANT_OPTS (or something like
that) env. var., the latter being a solution I don't like, because
it's the developer's responsability to do it (follow instructions).

> Also, what is this about
>
>  >        // Return the full target banner (toString() in bugged in JDK
> 1.4.1)
>  >        return _buffer.substring(0);
>
> performance?

Don't recall, frankly... This code dates back to 2003. --DD