ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use of Project.executeTarget(String)
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:31:02 GMT
> I don't really need the feature but it seems that it could be useful
> to replace some <antcall> with property file management sometimes.

That's what Ant-Contrib's target does (its name is <runtarget> I think).

Yes, I think it's a bit dangerous, as it might run afoul of the target
dependency management of Ant. If you limit yourself to calling
dependency-less target, you should be all right, but it's probably
better to use <macrodef>, and even <antcall> IMHO. But the choice is
yours. --DD