ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: subant and memory problems
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 15:44:27 GMT
> Ok, great ! I just saw the code to the jaxb task. Indeed, it looks quite
> easy to use the Java task for that. Thanks a lot for the pointer !

Always glad to help ;-)

> I did that, running tom compilation from a java app for fifteen files in
> an infinite loop: it ran for 2 days without showing any memory hungry
> behavior. There still may be some static containers that would need
> cleanup, but even then, i don't think they could eat that much memory,
> and don't show in my testcase.

Maybe this is just showing good caching ;-) OK, ok, maybe not that
funny. But in general, it can be tricky to devise a test case that
simulate real world usage, so maybe compiling the same 15 files again
and again isn't triggering the same code the same way?

Note that I'm not saying Ant is leak free. Most recent leaks have been
fixed by non-regular contributors bugged enough by the leaks. We just
hope you've reached that point that you'd fix Ant for us! ;-) --DD