ant-user mailing list archives

From Ben Stringer <>
Subject Re: Putting -verbose option 'on' and 'off' during ANT build
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:47:04 GMT
On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 22:53 -0700, madhuvanti joshi wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running an ANT script with -verbose option. It
> gives me additional information in log file. I need to
> put it 'OFF' while the script is running and then
> again make it 'ON' as I want to make sure certain
> information is not logged.
> Is there any way to do this in ANT scripting? Like, in
> batch file we can say '@echo on' or 'echo off'.

Yes - use the <record> task. You can start it (action=start) when your
build starts, then stop it at the part you want the verbose logging, and
immediately start it again with loglevel=verbose. Then stop it, and
restart it with loglevel set below verbose (you may need to experiment
with this to see what level is appropriate).

> Thanks in Advance.

Cheers, Ben