ant-user mailing list archives

From <...@ronin-technologies.com>
Subject Recursive Text Replacement in Files with no Extension
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 20:18:00 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use a "replace" task to recursively replace
a string in a set of files, but it only seems to work if
the file names have an extension (e.g. **/*.java).  In my
case, I am trying to recursively edit the set of files
named "Root" that exist with the CVS subdirectories of
project checked out from CVS.

The task I'm trying looks like this:

<replace
    summary="yes"
    dir="./"
    token="foo"
    value="bar"
    includes="**/Root"/>

and returns:

[replace] Replaced 0 occurrences in 0 files

even though there are many files name "Root", in
subdirectories of the current directory, which contain the
string "foo".  Is there a way to specify a fileSet of
files which do not have file extensions?

TIA,
Joe

This is ant 1.5.3 on Solaris