ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Removing a file from .jar file
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 17:56:39 GMT
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that in Ant 1.7 you will be able
to do this because the delete task will allow any resource, such as a
file in an archive.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 10:20 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: AW: Removing a file from .jar file

>I don't think you can delete the class file...but you can
>certainly update the jar file with a new class or modified
>class.  To delete, you will probably need to unjar, delete the
>file in question and rejar...
>
>Leomar Costa wrote:
>>     Hi !
>>
>>     How I can remove a file from a jar ?

I dont know another way neither ...
but you could define a macro for that.

Jan

<project default="test">

    <target name="prepare">
        <mkdir dir="zip"/>
        <echo file="zip/one.txt"   message="one"/>
        <echo file="zip/two.txt"   message="two"/>
        <echo file="zip/three.txt" message="three"/>
        <zip destfile="zip.zip" basedir="zip"/>
        <delete dir="zip"/>
    </target>

    <macrodef name="delFromZip">
        <attribute name="zip"/>
        <element   name="selectors" implicit="true" optional="true"/>
        <sequential>
            <mkdir dir="__tmp__"/>
            <unzip dest="__tmp__" src="@{zip}"/>
            <delete file="@{zip}"/>