ant-user mailing list archives

From "Res Pons" <pon...@hotmail.com>
Subject Proper Property File
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 21:48:11 GMT
Is there any style documentation or suggestion from anyone as to when to
include properties in the build file and when to put them inside the
property file, especially when different development teams and me the build
engineer have to access the same file an do builds?

I set an order of precedence in all development teams build files to look
for .build.properties first on the user's local drive/home, then look for
build.propeties in the build subfolder and then in build.properties.username
last.

In my .build.properties, I use such things as the final build/release paths,
passwords for the ssh/scp tasks, etc.

Is there a rule of thumb for placement and declaration of properties as to
whether they should be at the command line upon execution, inside the build
file or inside one the property files?

Thanks.