ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant and eclipse project's classpath variable
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 21:48:33 GMT
Yes I would agree that having an IDE is *probably* a good first step especially for those just
starting out..but once the build file is exported
I find incorporating multiple Builds, multiple jars, multiple deployments, with different
jdbc connectors I would prefer to execute at command line as I have more control

Regards,
Martin -

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thiago Souza
  To: Ant Users List
  Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 5:20 PM
  Subject: Re: Ant and eclipse project's classpath variable

  Hi,

         Actually there's a target that copies these jars to a lib dir prior to building.
Of course the real build target does not depends on this preparation. It must be ran, inside
eclipse, prior to building a release.

  Regards....

  Martin Gainty wrote:
    I think I'm missing your point
    Since this is Ant user's list then we dont have an IDE or maybe we had one and we exported
out the build.xml
    In any case
    what is your solution when you run outside Eclipse
    and run Ant (standalone) with your build file?
    Best Regards,