ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant and eclipse project's classpath variable
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 17:42:43 GMT
Good Afternoon Thiago-

Whenever I install a new package I always set the PACKAGE_HOME
lets say there is a new package called Eclipse..After I install and configure I set an environment
variable to reflect base folder e.g. ECLIPSE _HOME
then when I update the CLASSPATH to reflect the new Package all I have to do is include in
the new env variable reflecting the new folder e.g.
SET $CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$ECLIPSE_HOME
export $CLASSPATH
This also allows you to redefine the home location of the installed package e.g. ECLIPSE_HOME
without having to touch all the other configurations that use it since they reference ECLIPSE_HOME

M-

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thiago Souza
  To: user@ant.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 1:30 PM
  Subject: Ant and eclipse project's classpath variable

  Hi,

         We've started creating build files for our projects, but we've found a problem. Most
projects uses the eclipse "classpath container variable" (that feature that maintains the
dependencies in a directory like entry). But then ant can't get these jars since only eclipse
knows about them, making it difficult to automate builds. Does anyone knows a workaround for
this?

  Regards,

  --
  Thiago Souza