ant-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Gainty" <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Ant and eclipse project's classpath variable
Date Mon, 29 May 2006 20:05:17 GMT
I think I'm missing your point
Since this is Ant user's list then we dont have an IDE or maybe we had one and we exported
out the build.xml
In any case
what is your solution when you run outside Eclipse
and run Ant (standalone) with your build file?
Best Regards,

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thiago Souza
  To: Ant Users List
  Sent: Monday, May 29, 2006 3:20 PM
  Subject: Re: Ant and eclipse project's classpath variable

  Hi,

         Thanks for your suggestion, but I'll use this ant4eclipse plugin...

  Martin Gainty wrote:
    Good Afternoon Thiago-

    Whenever I install a new package I always set the PACKAGE_HOME
    lets say there is a new package called Eclipse..After I install and configure I set an
environment variable to reflect base folder e.g. ECLIPSE _HOME
    then when I update the CLASSPATH to reflect the new Package all I have to do is include
in the new env variable reflecting the new folder e.g.
    SET $CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:$ECLIPSE_HOME
    export $CLASSPATH
    This also allows you to redefine the home location of the installed package e.g. ECLIPSE_HOME
    without having to touch all the other configurations that use it since they reference
ECLIPSE_HOME

    M-