ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Switch Case equivalent of ant
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 10:20:00 GMT
>>Can anybody tell me the switch case equivalent of ANT
>>Where I can select according to case number I give as i/p from user.

What do you want to switch? You could load a different set of properties
with
  <input property="choice" validargs="1,2"/>
  <property file="${choice}.properties"/>
You could use different targets with
  <input property="choice" validargs="1,2"/>
  <antcall target="${choice}"/>
or a set of if/unless/depends clauses on the targets
or
  <import file="${choice}.xml"/>
  $>ant -Dchoice=stuffA

>You have to download antcontrib.jar.  Google or look for
>AntContrib in sourceforge. It will give you some programming
>capability and it has the switch command which behaves like case)

<ac:switch> is another option....

- always ensure that you have a default option
- think about a build without any user interaction (CruiseControl, Gump,
....)
- think about your build process - different things for different user
inputs?

Jan